Custom Order Form
Please fill in the form below with the details of the order and we will get back to you as soon as possible!
Choose a premium publication with our Hardback Books. Hardback or Hardcover Books as they are also known are created using a specialist method called case binding. This is perfect for books that are used over and over again and are built to last.
Whether you're printing corporate documents, a school leavers’ yearbook or an exclusive, limited edition publication, we've got your covered.
- Quantities from 25 - 1000
- Page count from 40 - 400
- Gloss, Silk or Uncoated for your inner pages.
- A4, A5 and 210mm square with long or short edge case binding.
- Lamination on the cover is included. Simply select an elegant Matt or a vibrant Gloss. (Please request quotation).
- Minimum spine width available is 9mm.
How are they binded?
Hardcover Book Printing is sealed using a specialist method called case binding. The front and back cover of your Hardback Book is printed and wrapped around a greyboard to create the ‘case’ or Hardback of your book. The inner or text pages are bound together using a strong PUR (Polyurethane Reactive) adhesive. White end papers and fly sheets are then inserted. The un-printed end papers are glued to the case on the front and back. The flysheets are also blank and inserted just before and after your printed pages.
- Front and back covers - 170gsm Galerie Art satin paper
- Case - 2400micron greyboard
- Binding - PUR (glued)
- End papers and fly sheets - Blank 170gsm white uncoated
- Inner stocks - 100gsm Uncoated, 130gsm Gloss, 130gsm Silk, 150gsm Gloss, 150gsm Silk, 170gsm Gloss, 170gsm Silk, 170gsm Uncoated
- Minimum spine width available is 9mm
For Case Bound Booklets, please submit artwork as two files.
One file is the outside cover page, submitted as a spread including the spine, hinge and wrap around. Please download our templates as they contain all of our bleed, safe zone and wrap around requirements. Also, please use our spine width calculator to ensure you have the correct spine size.
The second file should be the inner pages, submitted with individual pages in running order. For example, for a booklet ordered with 40 inner pages please supply an inner PDF of 40 pages in running order and a cover PDF, containing your cover artwork supplied as a spread including your spine and wrap around.
- Booklets must contain an inner page total divisible by 4.
- Include 3mm bleed on all sides
- 10mm safe zone on all sides
- Supply as a CMYK PDF in PDF/X1a format
- Outline or embed fonts
- 300dpi resolution
Unprinted (white) end papers and fly sheets will be inserted for you when we receive your artwork.